These jellies are a great way to treat kids without giving them lots of refined sugar. Flavoured with natural fruit juice and sweetened with honey, they are perfect for filling lolly bags at a party or for special occasions.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 80 ml freshly squeezed juice, strained ( try using lemons, apples, pears blueberries, beetroots or oranges)
- 1-3 tablespoons honey, according to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons good-quality powdered gelatine
- Place the juice and honey in a saucepan and sprinkle over the powdered gelatine. Stir until the gelatine is incorporated, then allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes, or until completely smooth. Make sure you don’t boil the mixture. Pour into an ice-cube tray or chocolate moulds immediately and place in the freezer for about 15 minutes, or until set.
- Once the jellies have set, remove from the tray and store in an airtight jar. They will be fine for a few weeks at room temperature – that’s is kids don’t eat them!!
SERVES 2 VERY LUCKY KIDS